fha mortgage loans, local mortgage broker, midwest family lending

(515) 252-7107

APPLY NOW!

Mortgage Industry News

« Return to Mortgage Industry News

REO Sales Share Below One-Third of Peak

Monday, June 8, 2015

The percentage of total home sales coming from distressed inventories continues to drop.  CoreLogic said on Monday that short sales and sales of owned real estate (REO) fell 3.2 percentage points from March 2014 to March 2015 and were down 1.9 percent from February to March. 

REO properties accounted for 8.4 percent of home sales in March and short sales made up 3.7 percent for a total distressed property share of 12.1 percent.  CoreLogic said that March is typically a month in which distressed sales fall due to seasonal factors, but this March had the lowest share of any March since 2007.

 

Read Full Article

Testimonial

"I appreciated the personal feel that Derek cared about the house I was getting and myself. He always responded as fast as he could."
Devin P.